How to spend the perfect long Weekend in Lynton & Lynmouth according to someone who lives here..
Here’s the lowdown on what to do, see and, most importantly, eat in this beautiful area of North Devon, squeeze in all you can with this 3 day Itinerary for staying at Lynmouth Holiday Retreat.
Day 1. Settle in, Chill out and take a trip down to Lynmouth Harbour.
- Arrive at Retreat reception, chat to our team about amenities and get your bearings.
- Get checked in, unpacked and settled in your own time.
- Explore and take a wonder around the Retreat, whether you’re camping, glamping or checking into holiday accommodation you can enjoy stunning views from pretty much anywhere around the Retreat!
- Jump into your hot tub, hot and ready for arrival from 4pm (if your accommodation includes this)
- Drive down to Lynmouth sea front and pick up dinner from Esplanade Fish Chip Bar, we think it’s the best Fish and Chips in the UK! Enjoy al fresco on the Lynmouth Sea Wall or bring back up to park and enjoy from your accommodation.
- Catch the sunset from the top of the Valley of the Rocks or back at the Retreat, if there’s no sunset just take in the dramatic views or try and spot the wild goats who live there!
- Take in the dark skies and star watch, Exmoor is particularly great for clear night skies, which is why we ask all our guests to turn off external lights after 10pm and keep the noise down so all can enjoy the peace and tranquillity.
Day 4. Time to check out – it’s not Goodbye, just see you again soon.
- Check out for 10am unless late checkout has been approved.
- Route and vehicle dependent but if taking the route home via Exford, try and spot the Exmoor ponies or red deer.
- Go for an explore and check out Dunkery Beacon
- Visit more of Exmoor try and stretch your legs
- Share your pics and a little bit about your stay we’d love to hear all about it here
- Safe Journey Home and we hope to see you again soon