How to spend the perfect long Weekend in South East Cornwall according to someone who lives here..
Here’s a quick little local’s guide on how to make the most of a quick trip away to this hidden corner of Cornwall, whether you’re based at our River-side retreat at Notter Bridge or taking in the Panoramic valley views at Tamar View.
Day 1. Settle in, Chill out and indulge in Fish and Chips with a view!
- Get checked in, unpacked and settled in your own time from 4pm.
- Staying at Tamar View? Take a short drive to Dave’s Fish and Chip shop in the village before heading to catch the sunset from the top of Kit hill, enjoy dinner alfresco with panoramic views – a truly perfect picnic spot or opportunity to walk the dogs in peace and take in the surroundings in this Area of outstanding natural beauty. (AONB)
- Staying at Notter Bridge? Take a little drive into Saltash and collect from the best in town – Codfathers, before taking your prized catch 5 minutes down the road to Churchtown Farm, a quiet and peaceful viewpoint with stunning scenery.
- Jump into your hot tub and take in the 10 mile views from your decking. (if your accommodation provides these amenities)
- Enjoy an early night’s kip.
Day 4. Time to check out – it’s not Goodbye, just see you again soon.
- Wake up and eat a good breakfast
- Check out for 10am unless late checkout has been arranged.
- Strip beds/drop off rubbish at nearest bin point.
- Going back via the A386 ? Stop off at the Lydford Gorge, take a stroll and visit the Saxon town and castle. Stop off to walk up one of Dartmoor’s many tors and try and spot the wild Ponies.
- Have a safe journey back.